I HATE the expression ‘everything happens for a reason’. There are so many horrors in this world that directly conflict with this statement.
However looking back at my life, I can definitely see some correlation with the phrase.
- If I had stood up to the bully’s at school earlier, I wouldn’t have had such a difficult time.
- If I had applied myself better at school, I may have had a career earlier on in life.
- If I hadn’t chosen a crap course at University, I would never travelled to Utah and breathed life into my wanderlust.
- If I had never gone travelling, I would not be as confident as I am now.
- If I hadn’t come home from traveling for my sister’s wedding, I would never have met my wife Megan.
All of my decisions have led me to this point in my life where I am extremely lucky to be a father to a beautiful boy, husband to a gorgeous wife and friend to many incredible people.
So really it’s not that ‘everything happens for a reason’, it’s more like ‘everything happens due to the decisions you make’ and even if those choices don’t work out there is an infinite amount more, that you have to make – so continue to try and make the correct ones.
My advice – choose travel!